Tuesday, March 24, 2020

There's Good in Every Day

One of my co-teachers video-called me this afternoon with a question about the ukulele. "How do you pick the strum pattern?" he wanted to know.

We chatted a little bit about online resources and tutorials, but I had to confess that my strumming skills were a bit rusty.

"But you know what?" I said. "It's so funny you called. I was just thinking this weekend that I was going to dig out my daily ukulele book and practice for 10 minutes a day while we're out of school."

"You and your 10 minutes!" he laughed, for he was privy to my 100 day self-challenge to meditate for 10 minutes a day (after my 100 sit ups, selfie, and blog post, of course).

"That's right," I told him. "In fact? If I ever write a book? That will be it: How to Do Anything in 10 Minutes a Day!"

6 comments:

  1. I'm in for 10 minutes of ukulele. I'm pretty sure I can carve out the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can use zoom or ms teams and practice together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ten minutes a day for twenty days can turn into a real habit, for better or worse.
    I'll be curious to see if you wind up playing your ukelele longer now that you have the time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have motivated me - I can do ten minutes a day - but my ukulele is at school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, let's all do it. Will you lead a lesson?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be a jam session. No leader required.

    ReplyDelete