Monday, March 2, 2020

High and Low

This school week is kind of a chopped up one for us. In session today, kids are off tomorrow since our schools are used as polling places for Super Tuesday. Back on Wednesday and Thursday, students are out again on Friday for conferences.

It's not as disruptive as it sounds, but when my wife, the social skills teacher, asked her students for their highs and lows today, one sixth grader said, "My high is that this week there are, like, two Fridays! Today and Thursday." He paused. "But my low? Is that there are also two Mondays."

WAH
Wah
wah

Happy first Monday!

4 comments:

  1. What a great story. I love the way kids think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice perspective. Bragan called this week a fork note--a week that looks like the way he holds his hand an an oboe. Weird weeks call for weird analogies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with this young one...yesterday the kids felt it was a Friday - but I'm concerned about Wednesday - another Monday! Fun!

    ReplyDelete