Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Just Doing Their Jobs

There was shouting outside our front door this morning and a heavy odor of mulch choked the air in our complex all day today. The ringing throb of a jackhammer on concrete pounded outside our windows all morning, too. I guess I'm spoiled-- usually I go to work and when I get home, all the maintenance and repair has magically been done. I never thought about the noise and disruption that accompanies such jobs.

Fortunately, the cement mixer idling and coughing in the parking lot at lunch time was a bit quieter, and the sidewalk replacement was all done by the time I got back from a short run.

I can't complain about any of it. It's good to know that some commerce goes on uninterrupted by closures, quarantines, and social distancing.

2 comments:

  1. I got a hint of that familiar mulch odor when I was over that way today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've noticed that, too. So much has come to a screeching halt while so much continues to chug along.

    ReplyDelete