Saturday, August 20, 2022

All the Gadgets

We are having neighbors over for dinner and game night, and the occasion has offered the opportunity for me to use lots of my cooking toys. 

The main dish is pulled pork, but I sous-vided the dry-rubbed boneless butt for 24 hours, cooled it in the bag, crisped the outside in ta low oven for 3 hours oven, pulled the roast into tender chunks, and then used my new smoking gun to infuse the meat with hickory. I also used the insta-pot to cook up some of those Maine beans, and they are now simmering in ranchero sauce I made with Hatch peppers from my garden that I dehydrated. On the side is homemade sourdough sandwich bread baked in my lidded Pullman pan in the cast iron cloche I got for my birthday, as well as some pickled cabbage I fermented myself.

I think our guests will enjoy the food, but probably not quite as much as I enjoyed cooking it!

No comments:

Post a Comment