Saturday, August 6, 2022

Would Go Again

We made it downtown to National Theater, parked, and slipped into our left-aisle row M seats with about 10 minutes or so until curtain on the matinee of the musical Six. Having attended several Broadway shows, Delaney was impressed. "This is the closest to the stage I've ever sat!" she said with a smile. 

And although they were the best seats I could get on short notice, the auditorium was not full; no one ended up sitting to my left, and our view of the stage was excellent. The show itself, a campy musical comedy full of girl power that presents the stories of the six wives of Henry VIII as a pop concert, was also really good. 

"Would you recommend it?" I asked Delaney as we filed out of the theater 90 minutes later.

"Definitely!" she answered. "Some shows are good, and some shows are fun, but this one was both! Thank you for bringing me."

"Anytime!" I told her, and I really meant it.

No comments:

Post a Comment