Sunday, August 28, 2022

Pleasure Without Purpose

Are you even fun?

The headline on the NYTimes website caught my attention immediately. A quick click took me to a quiz and an accompanying article. I took the quiz first, because, well, it seemed like more fun.

It billed itself as "mostly unscientific" and it was. The first question was, Have you ever ordered a party sub? and the subsequent questions were equally rando. It was always obvious which of the two answers was the more "fun" one, but I found myself strangely compelled to reply honestly, even the one that asked if I ever found myself just hanging with the girls, aka, my plants. 

"Yes! They love me!" I clicked without hesitation.

Twenty questions later, I got my results:

CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR FUN VIBE IS: Low-key!*  
 
Gardening, reading a good book or quietly people watching is your kind of fun. You’ve been known to say, “We don't need to drink to have a good time.” 

*Fun categories extremely unscientific but derived from consultation with actual researchers

I'd have to say that unscientific though it might be?  It sure pegged me.

1 comment: