Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Every Little Thing

In case you were wondering, that was me and my CLT today, three little teachers on a quest to acquire inexpensive composition books for their students, taking Staples by storm. 

The price was right-- 50 cents, but the limit of 30 was problematic. We needed 150! Fortunately, the cashier was cooperative when he learned we were teachers,  ringing one notebook @ 30 copies for five separate transactions.  

"Are there really 150 there?" he asked halfway through.

"Well, technically it's only 149, because that one." I pointed to the one on the belt.

"I have to look like I counted," he said with a bit of concern, "for the camera. I don't want any trouble."

He came out from his station and ran his finger up and down the stacks in our cart, moving his lips. Then he gave a curt nod and returned to the register. A few minutes later we were rolling out the door and loading up the back of the station wagon. Mission accomplished.

May this field trip be a harbinger of the year to come-- where tasks are met together, obstacles easily overcome, and appearances maintained for any who care to review the tape.


No comments:

Post a Comment