Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Fair Weather Fans

I knew it was a risk when I booked the game. 

The second day of school was Hawaiian shirt night at Nats Park, and what with Heidi and I being newly minted fans, despite the terrible season our team is having, I really, really wanted us to go. I even switched our seats to the first row in the second tier on the right field line, Homer Alley if you ask some. And I had visions of us in our cool new shirts snagging fly balls all night, so I dug out my glove to bring to the park. 

But then this afternoon it started to rain, and the day grew late, and I knew the traffic on 395 would be bad, and that Wednesday morning, the day when we would be setting up iPads and going over block schedule, would come awfully early. 

Oh, I wished the game would be rained out, so that the choice would be taken out of our hands, but it wasn't, and it wasn't. 

So we called it ourselves, and headed home in the muggy evening, instead of to the ball park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment