Saturday, August 27, 2022

Hello, Saturday

When you are off for an extended period of time, like, say the whole summer, Saturday is no longer a special day of the week. In fact, Saturday becomes a day to stay home and avoid the crowds in the stores, theaters, museums, pools, gardens, and so forth. All those people cramming their leisure and errands into 12 hours or so can really jam your vibe. 

That was definitely me a couple of weeks ago, but with school starting Monday, I find that my attitude has completely reverted to that workaday spirit. This morning I got up and made waffles, dropped Heidi at a friend's for brunch, filled the car with gas, got my hair cut, went to Home Depot for garden supplies and toilet repair parts, shopped at the Mediterranean grocer for some specialty pantry items, went by Total Wine to restock my beer, took the dog for a walk, fixed the toilet, went grocery shopping, babysat our neighbor's six-month old little girl, and made chicken soup. 

That's almost more than I did all summer, when the day's accomplishments usually consisted of doing the wordle and crossword puzzle. (Which, for the record? I also did today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment