Sunday, April 30, 2023

Whither the Weather

I woke up to a crack of lightning and then a boom of thunder. Outside it was pouring; at 7 am we were having the first thunderstorm of the season. I rolled over and checked the weather, expecting the forecast to be for rain all day. I was pleasantly surprised to see on the hour-by-hour prediction that sunshine was expected by midday, and I was just about to swipe the app closed when I noticed Alpharetta on the map. 

I had been looking at the weather in Atlanta, a location I have bookmarked because my sister lives there. Navigating to our actual weather I saw that it was indeed likely to rain all day. I sighed and checked in on Rejkyavik, where my oldest nephew is. It was only 32 degrees up there, but there were clear skies on a long spring day where the sun would not set until 9:40 this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment