Monday, April 17, 2023

Nice Kicks

"Do you like my Adidas Country?" Amy, our friend from high school showed off her bright white sneakers with their three green stripes. 

"I noticed them when you walked on the court," my brother told her. 

"These were the first adult sneakers I ever had," she said. "Well, not this exact pair, but real leather, Adidas brand? I felt so cool."

"It's funny, because I told Tracey that I wanted some Stan Smiths to play in," my brother answered. "Adidas and leather like those."

"Same color scheme, too," I added, as we continued to talk about red stripes, blue stripes, running, playing basketball, and the like.

"Do we just sound like old people reminiscing over their teenaged footwear?" Amy asked with a laugh.

"It's okay if we do," my brother replied, "because we are."

Can't argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment