Saturday, April 1, 2023

Prescient

I dreamed of rutabagas last night. 

Right before I woke up, I was having an anxiety dream about proctoring a large group of sixth graders for some unknown test and accidentally holding them past their lunch time. There was quite a bit of perturbation as I worked to resolve the confusion with the help of a friend and former school counselor, who is now retired. At some point, I walked into the classroom and past a huge bin of rutabagas. "Those are going to be trouble," someone said.

As is often the case, I forgot all about the dream, and remembered it only when I went to the grocery store this morning and noticed the display of, what else? Rutabagas. Drawn to the vegetables so recently labeled a threat, I selected a large firm one, and added it to my cart.

And now I know what the dream meant: You will have yellow turnips for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment