Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Proof of Life

"Will you send me pictures of you and Lucy and the cats every day?" Heidi asked yesterday as she was preparing for her trip to see college friends in Florida.

"Yes," I agreed, but I might have forgotten, if not for the walk I took this afternoon. I had already been to the gym, but the warm, sunny weather beckoned Lucy and me. I tried to think of a place we hadn't walked in a while, and a spot a little farther out on the bike trail than we usually go occured to me. I loaded Lucy in the car and drove the couple miles to a parking lot by the rose garden. From there we headed west along Four Mile Run and through several parks. 

We had just made it to the intersection of a couple of trails when I heard someone call my name. It was a friend from work, but not one who lives in our town, so my surprise to see him was a bit disorienting. We spent a few minutes catching up, and then I said, "Heidi won't believe I ran into you! We better get a picture so I can send it." And we did just that. And Lucy was in it, too. 

Day one? Duty, done!

No comments:

Post a Comment