Thursday, April 6, 2023

Unexpected Twist

My back was feeling a little tight yesterday on the pickleball court, but a little stretching and the pain was gone. And I thought nothing of that experience this morning as I pulled weeds in the garden for an hour or so. Until the pain returned with a vengeance. 

I could walk, but I could not bend down again, and my lower left back really, really hurt. I had considered walking up there, but since I also had to go the bathroom pretty bad, I considered a win when I got the three lawn and leaf bags I'd filled out to the curb, and made my way to the car. Even so, just twisting to get in and out of the driver's seat was pretty painful. 

Back at home, I took an NSAID and looked for a heating pad. I found one by Heidi's side of the bed; unopened, the oversized device was weighted with heat and massage. And, I think it's helping? The heat and massage and some stretching feel pretty good, and although getting up from sitting seems to be bad, very bad, walking around isn't painful at all. 

A little research suggests sciatica, which I've never had before, and can have many causes. Those who know me know my next course of action: wait and see how I feel tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment