Friday, April 7, 2023

Hoping for the Best

The pain in my back was not much better today, and so after researching my options and consulting my insurance app, I made the first available appointment I could find with a chiropractor, which will be Monday morning. As a generally low-maintenance person (medically speaking) I just wasn't sure what warrants immediate intervention or even who to check with, but the fact that I am mostly functional despite episodes of intense pain, made me think that I could wait the weekend to get an expert opinion. 

The practitioner I chose is nearby and within my insurance network; her practice seems small, but well-rated, and I was asked to schedule the appointment online, which I did. A few hours later I got a personal and  responsive reply; it was clear they had considered the information I had submitted, and their questions were relevant. They also sent me a link to the intake paperwork, which I could also conveniently complete online. 

The questions were not hard, but they did require some thought in order to accurately describe the ailment I was experiencing. They were also redundant. 

Among them was How has this condition affected your daily living? 

I experience pain getting up, bending over, twisting, I answered. I can't exercise and it's hard to put my shoes on.

What specific activities does this problem prevent you from doing that you would like to do again? was the next question.

Uhhhhh... I considered. All of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment