Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Oh, These Old Things?

I turned around yesterday to find a pair of sneakers on one of my classroom tables. Next to them, their owner worked diligently on his writing piece. "Hey," I haled him, "it's okay if you want to take off your shoes, but let's keep them on the floor, okay?"

He looked up with a smile, and it was then I noticed that, far from any ordinary sneakers, these were black and yellow Air Jordan 4 Retro Thunder 2023, which not only retail for over 200 dollars, aren't even supposed to be in stores until May.

"New shoes?" I asked.

He nodded proudly.

"Well," I said, "as sweet as they are, they still can't be on the table."

He pulled out the chair next to him and carefully placed them there, well within view of any who cared to admire them.



No comments:

Post a Comment