Saturday, April 23, 2022

Where's Lucy?

I was looking around, without much luck, for an electronic copy of a recipe I haven't made in a while. I searched my Google drive, my phone messages, my email, and finally my DropBox account with no luck. But I did find the picture of Lucy that the breeder sent before we got her, along with a group shot of her whole litter: five sleepy red puppies propped adorably against each other. 

"Which one do you think is Lucy?" I asked Heidi, a question we have pondered several times over the years, whenever our attention is returned to that family photo. 

We compared her solo shot to the group pictures, looking at eyes, fur, nose, and while there was something recognizable in her portrait, we just couldn't be definitive about which puppy was her in the other one. "We can't even recognize our own dog!" I said.









No comments:

Post a Comment