Thursday, April 28, 2022

Not Very Close Captioning

The audio on the school-made video we were watching in homeroom was too low, so I turned on the auto-captioning to help us follow along. The production was of a panel discussion with current seventh graders answering questions that the sixth graders had submitted about next year. 

One of the topics of interest was field trips, and the student being interviewed mentioned the one and only trip they had taken this year. "We went to the Outdoor Lab," he reported in a mask-muffled voice. 

My students gasped when they read the auto-caption: We went to the after life

And when asked about one of the best things about seventh grade? "Definitely the Outdoor Lab," responded another student.

Or Definitely the altar of love, according to the auto-captions.

"I'm not sure if I want to go on that field trip," giggled one of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment