Friday, April 29, 2022

In the Spirit

This was spirit week at school and for the first time in 29 years I participated every single day. School colors Monday was easy; I just wore one of the many shirts I've been given over the years. Tuesday was wear bright colors and sunglasses, so tie-dye was my choice of wardrobe then. Crazy sock day on Wednesday seemed a bit of a waste, but I dutifully wore a wild patterned pair beneath my jeans. Thursday was pajama day, and today was college wear.

Years ago I used to wish I could wear my pjs to school, but our principal was adamantly opposed to such a spirit day. When she retired, pajama day was instituted, but until this week? I never actually had participated. For some reason it just seemed a bit wrong, but yesterday I put my doubts aside and wore some buffalo plaid flannel sleep pants and a long sleeved T, along with my slippers. 

Dressing that way was okay, but it was a little weird to come home and change out of my pajamas and into something more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment