Wednesday, April 27, 2022

GOAT

Another fun feature of the hyperbole lesson the other day was the warm up question: What's the greatest thing in the world?

Bless their hearts; my students are very earnest. When the class list was compiled, family, friends, and free time were on the top followed closely by food, music, and sleep. 

"What do you think is the greatest thing in the world?" someone asked me.

"Definitely the morning announcements," I said, laughing when she gasped. "They are soooooooo much better than love, dogs, or vacation!"

"Really?" she shook her head.

"No!" I replied. "It's hyperbole. But I do love the morning announcements!"

This morning when my homeroom kids came in the tally was still on the whiteboard. "I see there's still only one vote for the morning announcements," one of the students noted.

"And that's all there will be," I told him. "We're done with that question.

"Don't feel bad," he continued. "There's only one vote for world peace, too."


1 comment:

  1. Do I hear a vote for crossword puzzles?!

    ReplyDelete