Friday, April 22, 2022

TBT

I forgot to post an extra challenge yesterday, and to be honest, I was inclined to skip the whole routine, especially because the deadline for the children's book project was looming at the end of class. But when the kids asked about it, I decided to go ahead and throw something up. 

Or rather I should say, throw something back. I made the challenge a Throwback Thursday and asked any who were willing to post pictures of themselves when they were younger. If I had thought it through, I would have realized that such an activity is almost the definition of distraction, and it did take away much more of our class time than I wanted. 

BUT, it was extremely motivating, since everyone had to post a poem before they could share a photo, and it was a community builder: almost everyone was very engaged with the activity. Plus? My students were really adorable little kids, and who wouldn't want to wrap up the first week back after spring break with such a warm and fuzzy bow?

No comments:

Post a Comment