Saturday, April 30, 2022

As We Go

It was slow going in my garden this afternoon. Treat and I were using the lumber I bought yesterday to build some raised beds. We dug holes for the corner posts and then used my battery-powered drill to drive screws through the side rails and attach them. The angle was very challenging to get the screws started, and it was frustrating to try and make the bed true and even. 

When it was done, I looked at where we had placed and sighed. "I changed my mind," I told Treat, I think I want this one over there and the other one here. 

He took the news with good nature. 

"Maybe we can just pick this up and move it?" I suggested, and we did.

Well that changed everything! We assembled the next bed one end at a time, and then stood it on its side to add the long pieces. Then we dug trenches and carried it to the location we had prepared. It was way quicker and a lot easier. 

"I guess it's all a learning curve," I said to Treat.

"Definitely," he agreed. "I'm going to remember this for the next time I build beds."

No comments:

Post a Comment