Monday, May 25, 2020

U is for Up, Up, and Away

Tomorrow is National Paper Airplane Day. I know because in a continuing effort to keep my students connected to school, I have become a poor man's middle school version of the NYTimes At Home section, which offers three diversions a day for those of us who are, well, at home. I think my students appreciate my efforts-- in addition to a fact about the day, I have provided ice cream recipes, water bottle bird feeder directions, virtual tours of glaciers, personality quizzes, and the like all in an effort to keep the kids engaged and writing.

And tomorrow? It's a video about making paper airplanes, and a gentle prompt to consider any experience they might have with a real airplane.

Remember those?

Life Lesson: It's the journey, not the destination.

2 comments:

  1. Your efforts are admirable, and many are still writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you are so in tune with the 6th grade mind. If your efforts don't keep them coming back, I'm not really sure anything will.

    ReplyDelete