Friday, May 15, 2020

K is for Keep Growing, Would Ya?

T'was on February 16 that my fingernails were clipped, cleaned, and manicured, professionally. On that day, I oped for a lovely neutral gel polish, and as much as I loved the way they turned out, I have been regretting that decision since March 16, when the governor's stay at home order made it quite clear that any kind of repair or touch-up was indefinitely out of the question.

Oh, I did my best to DIY, ordering hard-to-come-by kits and watching online videos, but my nails became some weird science experiment: natural at the bottom and soft and peeling at the top. I've continued to work on it with files and clippers, and yes, I confess, my teeth. Finally, three months later, the gel is almost gone: I have just a few pseudo-French tips and those persistent, waning gibbous smears clinging to my thumbs.

Oh! How happy I will be to see my natural nails... the better to manicure, again. Or not.

Life Lesson: All in good time.

2 comments:

  1. What a clever metaphor for this process we're going through. All in good time is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great image: waning gibbous smears clinging to my thumbs!

    ReplyDelete