Saturday, May 23, 2020

S is for Strawberries

When I was about 4 years old, and my little brother was two, we moved to our first real house. Before that we had lived in an apartment and then a row house, but now we had a whole big front yard and back yard of our own. On one of our first days there, we were playing on the side of the house when we found a whole garden full of strawberries. We couldn't believe it, and when we tasted them, they were so sweet and juicy that soon we had eaten all of them.

When we told my mom, she was mad, because that garden belonged to our next door neighbor, and she made us go next door and apologize. But we were too afraid to knock on a stranger's door, so we just sat in the front yard and cried. Then my mom came out and marched us over there. Our neighbor, Mrs. Huddleston, was very forgiving, but we never did that again!

Life Lesson: If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!

3 comments:

  1. Fran did not put up with a lot of nonsense. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! I’m picturing little you and your brother covered in strawberry juice and crying - sad, funny, and cute all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete