Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Up and Down Day

We had an early release anchor day today which resulted in me seeing all five of my sixth grade classes for 23 minutes each. We wrote our slices of life, caught up on a missing assignment or two, and did the chicken dance on the way out the door. All in all? It was a successful teaching day, ending at 10:15 a.m., when the kids headed off to a very early lunch, and my planning, meeting, and professional learning time began.

I wish I could say the second part of my day was as gratifying as the first, but that is a story for another time.

6 comments:

  1. The chicken dance really does elevate any lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it seems like I can rely on my students to keep me up and motivated more than the adults I work with. Probably should look to my own behavior in that comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is efficiency with positivity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s was me, Joanne. Forgot to identify myself. 🙂

      Delete
  4. Question: Does one need to teach the Chicken Dance these days or is it cooked up in their DNA?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chicken dance. Perfect accompaniment to a "revolving door day". - Enid

    ReplyDelete