Friday, March 17, 2023

Welcome Back

A former colleague who retired a couple of years ago was in today subbing for the teacher across the hall. "Hi, Liz!" I hailed her as I unlocked my door.

She was standing in her classroom door with the red emergency folder in her hand. "Don't forget there's a tornado drill this morning!" she said cheerfully.

"Oh right!" I answered, appreciative for the reminder.

"Where do I go for that?" asked another team member who overheard our conversation. Because our classrooms are on the second floor, we have to lead our kids to shelter in another room on the ground level. The teacher who asked was new to her classroom this year.

“I’m not sure,” I frowned.

"Dressing room hallway," said Liz, consulting the red folder. "Do you know where that is?"

"Where do I go?" asked Heidi, who was walking down the hall toward her room. "I just want to double check."

"Green Commons," Liz told her, and then she laughed. "Hey wait a minute! Who's the sub here?"

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Go Liz!! - Enid

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there was a Substitute of the Year award Liz would win for sure!

    ReplyDelete