Thursday, March 2, 2023

Enrichment

After considering all the suggestions that came in from my students for my 100 day challenge, I finally narrowed it to three, with the advice of my homeroom. I had to go with eating carrots every day, because it's so nutty, and the boy who proposed it was so earnest. "You'll have HD vision!" he promised. 

With that decided, my homeroom students pushed for some sort of daily drawing. "We're the Dolphin Team," they pointed out. "Why don't you draw a dolphin every day? They're pretty hard to draw."

I've learned how right they are over the last 22 years of dolphinhood, and so I accepted that challenge. "Should it be the same dolphin over and over, though?" I asked, but they told me it didn't matter.

My final 100 day dare will be to play a game every day. My homeroom and I have bonded on Fridays over Taco or Burrito, Quicktionary, Bananagrams, and Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza, and my English classes often have a playful brain break in the middle of a block period, so these kids know my love of games first hand. 

I'm confident that I am going to be a better person on June 8-- how could anyone go wrong with 100 days of carrots, drawing, and games?

5 comments:

  1. Eating a carrot everyday sounds like the toughest of all of those 100 challenges. That's a LOT of beta carotene! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as carrots go- I have recently found that the real, "Bugs Bunny" type carrots are much better than those weird little carrot nips sold for convenience. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have a 100 day challenge that includes your students. That builds such a great connection with all of your students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such joy in your teaching life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And this is why your TA is the bomb.

    ReplyDelete