Saturday, March 18, 2023

It's How You Say It

It was the second day of the Rock, Paper, Scissors tourney (block schedule, don't you know) and the B Day kids were equally enthusiastic as their A Day fellows. The excitement rose as we made it to the quarter finals with a few wild card entries coming from behind.

"This is actually fun for a change," a student caught my eye  to comment. I raised my eyebrows, but he missed the cue and continued. "Can we do things like this more often?"

"Since you ask like that?" I answered. 

He smiled expectantly.

"No," I finished.

"It was worth a try," he laughed.

"I'm glad you're having fun, though," I told him, and we both turned back to the action.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I could just hear each voice, as well as what was in your head! And can I just say, I love the humor in your dog picture “Walking the dog everyday since March 2009”! It makes writing everyday for just a month seem not quite so impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should try a RPS tournament at the next staff meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids definitely have a way of saying things that can be frustrating. I could definitely relate!

    ReplyDelete