Friday, March 3, 2023

Check the Settings

I was using my own iPad to mirror my screen and lead students through their conference slides when a mom looked at me curiously from the other side of the table. "I'm afraid your iPad dropped the presentation," she said and turned it quickly toward me. 

There I saw my lock screen with a text message notification. I'm having a colonoscopy on Tuesday, it read, and so I won't be able to take Lucy.

"Oh! That's from my dog walker," I laughed, then pulled the slides back up, swiped down, and tapped Do Not Disturb. 

Gosh I wish I'd done that first.


6 comments:

  1. As embarrassing as they are, I love these kinds of stories! I'm sure the parents got a kick out of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Just don't tell your dog walker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A memorable moment in the life of teaching- captured succinctly and so well. I smiled while reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the understatement of your reaction--it really brings the humor out! I feel like this story encapsulates the COVID era of teaching--we have to laugh and groan simultaneously!

    ReplyDelete