Sunday, March 12, 2023

Best Case Scenario

I am on the record about how loathsome I find the advent of DST. Losing an hour, any hour? Is anathema to me, especially considering that I must rise in the 5 a.m. hour in order to begin my work day by 7:20. Getting up any earlier than tht is just an insult to my all too human body.

Even so, this year the dreaded beginning of DST happened to coincide with our annual Oscar weekend away, and I must say that rising at my leisure with the spring sun shining through my window and the sound of the surf just outside made the time change a bit more tolerable. And time was almost irrelevant to the unstructured nature of the day, as the eight of us walked the beach, shopped the outlets, and cooked delicious food for our party.

Tonight, we will happily stay up until the end of the awards, adding circles and exes to our ballots, knowing that we can keep our alarms turned off tomorrow morning. And maybe, just maybe, by the time we get home tomorrow and return to work on Tuesday, the time change will be nothing more than the nuisance of having to reset a few clocks.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a delicious way to ease into DST! I enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was envious of your well-timed weekend away, but I have to say that I'm not so keen on your usual 5:00am wake-up! Happy for your serendipitous coincidence this year. - Enid

    ReplyDelete