Saturday, March 11, 2023

Seeing Orange

"What's with all the carrots?" Heidi asked the other day, spotting the shaved, orange rounds quick pickling on the counter. "We sure have had a lot of them lately."

"I have to eat carrots every day until June 8," I reminded her. "It's one of my 100 day challenges."

"What are the rules?" she asked. "Is there a certain amount or preparation?" 

I shrugged. "Not really," I answered. "I'm just playing it by ear. I saw carrots in my broccoli soup the other day, and then there were some in the kimchi I used for fried rice. Those counted."

"How about some carrot cake, then?" she suggested. "Let's enjoy those carrots to the fullest!"


7 comments:

  1. I'm with Heidi! There are a lot of ways to get your dose of carrots and nothing like adding some sugar and flower to the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Carrot Cake seems the best way to eat carrots! Enjoy that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am with Heidi- bring on the carrot cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fed my babies so many carrots, their noses started glowing orange. Add a selfie-a-day to you 100 day challlenge to track your color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Good idea, carrot cake counts! One of my babies had an orange nose for a while too--too much carotene. Fun post today, Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way she thinks! But I also admire your dedication to challenging yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last comment was me, btw. - Enid

    ReplyDelete