Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Y is for You Got This

The warm up question the last couple of days has been How are you feeling about the upcoming state reading test? 

The students have been disarmingly honest, especially considering that they are sharing their feelings with the whole class. Many are confident, but an equal number of kids are, in their words, stressed, anxious, nervous, and really worried. 

I do my best to assure them that they are well prepared and to remind them that as long as they do their best, the rest is up to us. Pass or fail, we have them covered for next year. 

One student stated that he was "conflicted" and then proceeded to explain exactly what he meant. I nodded sympathetically, but then laughed. "If you can use conflicted to describe your feelings," I told him, "I'm pretty sure you're going to pass the test!"

Life Lesson: Reading is Fundamental.

No comments:

Post a Comment