Tuesday, May 17, 2022

D is for Do or Die

"I just realized we are all 15 years apart!" one of the teachers in my CLT commented this afternoon. With 2 of us turning 60 in the next 6 weeks or so, age has been a big topic of conversation. 

"I'm looking forward to 60!" my friend Mary proclaimed.

"I am not," I sighed.

"I'm embracing it!" Mary said, "me and all the other people turning 60."

"Like Tom Cruise?" I said. "Jody Foster? Demi Moore?"

"Right," she nodded. "Jim Carrey, Jon Bon Jovi, Sheryl Crow."

"Rosie O'Donnell, Mathew Broderick, Emilio Estevez," I continued.

"Paula Abdul, Ally Sheedy," now Mary was reading from the internet. "It's like the whole Breakfast Club! And Steve Irwin, but he didn't make it."

"He won't turn 60," I agreed.

Our colleagues were doing their own research. "I have Kanye West," Kerry groaned. "But also Tom Brady!"

"Orlando Bloom and Liv Tyler, both elves in The Lord of the Rings," I noted, looking at her year. "And Brittney Murphy, but she didn't make it either."

"I have Ed Sheeran and Da Baby," our fourth coworker, Shaina, reported. "And Emma Roberts, too!"

"This isn't make me feel any better," I said. "It's just reminding me that I'm 15 and 30 years older than all those people, too!"

Life Lesson: Don't complain about growing older, especially considering the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment