Tuesday, May 10, 2022

N is for Not so Much

We have just 2 episodes left of the Netflix show Ozark. Even though they drop the series a season (or half) at a time, our definition of binge watching means watching 1 episode a day every day for a week or so. Back in 2017, when the series premiered, there was something thrilling about the dark tale of Marty and Wendy Byrde, a Chicago couple of questionable ethics who get mixed up with a Mexican drug cartel and find themselves laundering money in the Ozarks, but five years on, the suspense and sudden violence are no longer as entertaining as they once were. 

"I don't think I'm the same person I was when we first started watching this show," I said to Heidi after one episode. "The show is still really good, and I want to know how it all turns out, but I'm not really enjoying watching."

She nodded sympathetically, and I thought back over all the events of the last five years. 

Yeah. I'm definitely a different person now.

Life Lesson: Let go of what no longer serves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment