Friday, March 12, 2021

Soft Opening

I welcomed my last group of in-person learners this morning. Our hybrid concurrent block schedule means that I'm only in the same room once a week with most of the kids who opted to return to the building. The rest of the time they are virtual along with the majority of their classmates. 

"How has actually being here at school been so far?" I asked them.

"Good!" they nodded with mild enthusiasm. 

"Well it sure is nice to see you!" I told them in return.

A hand shot up. "Do you know when spring break is?" 

"It starts two weeks from today," I answered without hesitation.

He looked as relieved as I was.

5 comments:

  1. We sat with the calendar during our morning meeting pointing out the date when everyone returns, when break begins and ends and when the weather can be predictably warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am worn out for you! Our spring break started today, and it felt as though it could not have arrived soon enough. Sending you strength in these last two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hybrid is exhausting for the kiddos and the grownups. Here's to driving forward to spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s good the have the “soft opening” behind us, yes. But also great to know that Spring Break is still there waiting for all of us in two weeks time. I like how you answered without hesitation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - spring break, a reprieve from our current reality.

    ReplyDelete