Monday, February 22, 2021

We Shall See

The calendars on the bulletin board were turned to March  2020 and the list of homeroom students was outdated as well when I entered my classroom this morning for the first time this school year. When people insist that it's time to open school now, we bristle, because school has been in full session since September, despite access to the buildings being quite limited. The 50+ hours a week we teachers have been putting in are testament.

But here I am, tweaking my classroom layout and doing a tech check on the equipment I will use to teach "concurrently"-- some students in person, others virtually, all at the same time. I'm also acclimating to wearing a mask all day, which may end up being the most challenging part of the model for me. I do have hopes that being in person, some of the time, will benefit some of the kids, and that the mitigation our district has promised will be enough to keep everyone safe, and I can only do what I can do.

Rumi wrote:

The same wind that uproots trees

makes the grasses shine. 

Time to shine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment