Sunday, February 7, 2021

Guru

Every weekday morning for the past five weeks I have risen in the dark and crept silently downstairs to join a live stream Kundalini Yoga class. I always make sure to pull the door behind me so that my chanting will not disturb Heidi. The cats are curious about the computer and cushion and candle; they often prowl around as I mindfully breathe and twist, but Lucy is always still upstairs snoozing with Heidi.

But this afternoon when I joined a different live session online, Lucy was awake and ready to join my practice. My prana was her panting; we executed cat-cow shoulder to shoulder, and savasana with dog resting on leg was even more relaxing than usual. 

Oh we didn't actually get to downward dog, but no worries: Lucy is always in the present moment, and it didn't bother her at all.

Sat nam.

No comments:

Post a Comment