Sunday, February 21, 2021

Not as Smart as You Think, Watch

Heidi and I rely on our smart watches to track our activity and exercise. Sometimes? That's a good thing, like when we head out for a walk or do a work out because we're behind on our rings. Sometimes, it's demotivating, like when one of us says, I don't have shit today! Why bother? and then plops down on the couch with some ice cream. 

A little while ago, I was in the middle-- I got my exercise and stand goals, but my activity goal seems unreachable. I could blame it on the cold or the fact that I spent a good chunk of the day in front of a screen working on grades, but tonight I shrugged it off and vowed to do better tomorrow. 

As I was verbally processing my decision, Heidi looked at her watch and noticed all her goals were at zero. Obviously a glitch-- she restarted her watch twice before she heard the little chime congratulating her for standing or something. 

"I can't believe none of the apps checked in with me all day!" she griped.

"I know!" I said. "As far as they're aware, you haven't moved since midnight! They should have been all over you to get the hell up!"

"Or call 911!" she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment