Friday, December 1, 2023

You Oughta Be an Editor

As I mentioned earlier in the week, there actually were several typos in many of the stories I hastily converted from PDF to text last week, and today I put a bounty on them. Explaining the situation, I told the students that any reader who could find a mistake in a story could have a piece of candy if they knew how to correct it, too.

Oh my!

I have never seen such a close reading of any text! Not only did they read the stories carefully for meaning, they went back a few times to make sure they hadn't left any candy on the table. 

When the assistant principal stopped by to observe for a few minutes I explained what was going on. "To be honest," I told her, "I'm thinking about purposely adding typos to everything from now on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment