Friday, December 29, 2023

Out with the Old

“I’m going through my closet,” my brother told me when I called this afternoon.

“That’s so funny,” I replied, “we’re going through a bunch of stuff, too. We’re going to make a donation run a little later.”

After we hung up I took the dog out and ran into a couple of our neighbors. “What have you guys been up to?” I asked.

“We’re cleaning out the storage unit and moving everything to a cheaper place,” AJ informed me, a bag of old binders over his shoulder as he headed for the trash.

“Wanna see pictures?” his wife, Lauren, pulled out her phone. “We went through everything and got rid of  a ton of stuff before we moved and organized the rest. Current situation right here.” She showed me an image of a very neatly arranged space. “It even has labels!” she reported proudly.

“That’s so funny,” I answered for the second time today and told them about our planned trip to the thrift shop. I also agreed to take along a box of books they had and donate them as well.

The turn lane into the parking lot was backed up for a couple of light cycles, and when we got to the donation site there was a line of cars ahead of us unloading their cast-offs. “It seems like everybody has the same idea,” Heidi said.

That’s for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment