Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Chutzpah

We had a modified schedule today for early release and the winter concert, so I had a little time to play some games with my homeroom students. 

Although I've been playing games with kids for practically my entire life, I was still a little appalled at the blatant attempts to cheat by the student on my left. I caught him several times taking advantage of the fact that everyone at the table besides me was learning the game and slipping extra cards into his hand or onto the discard pile. Every time I called him out, he just shrugged and laughed and waited until my attention was elsewhere so that he could try again. Nothing would make him stop, short of kicking him out of the game.

But that's okay-- because now I know I must keep a closer eye on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment