Saturday, December 30, 2023

First World Problem

Still not feeling quite 100%, I decided to take a shortcut and rather than fight other holiday shoppers, order the groceries I need for the next couple of marquis days— New Years Eve, which is also our anniversary, and New Years Day when any family in town comes over to share our traditional lucky meal. 

On my list were some lobster tails for our usual anniversary dinner, along with chicken, ham, corn, rice, and some pantry staples. I’m usually pretty conscientious about checking the ‘no substitution’ box, but I needed some milk to get started with my preparations, and so I went through item-by-item to designate my instructions. 

I obviously missed something, though, because this morning I got a message that my order was out for delivery with one substitution. A couple of taps on my phone revealed that somebody thought it was a good idea to substitute smoked salmon for the lobster. I was appalled and irritated, but there wasn’t much I could do but keep clicking through to request a refund. 

When the order arrived, I was relieved that I had only one package of smoked salmon instead of the four that the notification suggested, but it was still aggravating to have to go out anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment