Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Look Forward, Teacher!

Despite the desire to cling to that summer vacation vibe, something told me to check my school accounts on Monday. 

First I saw a message sent just a few hours earlier from a former student inquiring whether she could bring a friend, who was new to the school, to the open house next week. "Or is it only for sixth graders?" she inquired.

I was glad to be able to respond promptly to such a generous and welcoming spirit, and doing so reminded me not of all the work and time my job demands, but of how much I loved working with the kids. Next, I checked to see if my new students were loaded into the learning management system and grade book. A couple of clicks later there they were-- the class of 2030 and my next year's sixth-grade students. 

My first impression? Adorable! And the sting of going back to the grind was lifted entirely. 

For the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment