Sunday, August 20, 2023

Back to School Shopping

Back to School Night is early this year, just a couple of weeks away, really, and it occurred to me this afternoon that I might feel better if I knew what I was wearing. These past few years my school attire has been almost strictly athleisure, joggers and the like, and so I wasn't feeling that I had as many options as I might have liked when it came to dressing a bit more professionally for the adult crowd I could expect that evening.

Whereas in earlier times I probably would have actually gotten up and gone shopping, today I sat in my chair and clicked through a few retail websites. Then, after making sure that each offered free returns, I ordered some slacks and loafers. As I was doing so, I remembered we have a wedding to go to at the end of October, and so Heidi and I ordered a few dresses to try on from Nordstrom. Next, I found some shoes to go with the dress, and ordered those, too.

Everything should be here within the next week, and we can try things on and return them if they don't work, with plenty of time to go shopping again.

No comments:

Post a Comment