Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Empty Threats

"I'm going to blackmail you with this picture," a student threatened me today. 

He was only joking, but he turned his iPad around to show an image of me with my hood up and my phone out. It was taken a couple of weeks ago during a class discussion on rules; I was playfully demonstrating what our class might be like if we eliminated the regulation against hoods and phones.

"You know what?" I said. "I think you should show that picture, which you took of me without my permission and then threatened to blackmail me with, to the assistant principal right away," I looked at him over my glasses. "Should I call the office?"

"I'll just delete it," he said.

"Make sure you remove it from the recently deleted file, too," I advised.

"Got it," he nodded.

No comments:

Post a Comment