Thursday, May 6, 2021

Wheeeeee

I sat at my desk and worked through my lunch today. It's a bad habit, I know. 

Before COVID we had a lovely little lunch bunch of teachers who gathered every day in my classroom to relax and chat for at least 20 of the 35 minutes we are allotted. Such gatherings were prohibited by safety protocols when we returned to school this year, and now a larger group meets outside every day. But I kind of need some down time then: after spending 4 1/2 solid hours with people, another big group of folks is a little too much for me. So most days I eat alone and work. 

Not taking a break takes a toll on my productivity, though. Even if it seems like I am getting stuff done, by the end of the day, I'm tired and I don't feel farther ahead. So today I took advantage of the breezy, sunny weather and checked the bike share app on my phone. There were several bikes available at the station by our school, and so I trotted over and checked out an ebike. 20 minutes and 3 miles later, my hair was a mess, but I felt great.


No comments:

Post a Comment