Monday, May 24, 2021

Non-Billable Hours

I started the call a couple minutes early, at 11:58, but I really didn't expect anyone to be waiting. In the waning days of this weirdest school year, office hours have become even less of a thing than they ever were. As sparsely attended as these Monday support sessions have been, today even my heart wasn't in it. Instead of checking through and checking off completed assignments, I flipped through a couple of magazines and read the NY Times online, all the while keeping that channel open in case somebody needed some help or guidance. But the empty black box in the lower right-hand corner of my screen stayed quiet, except for the minutes counting up. Next Monday? Is a holiday, and I think my office might just be closed the last two Mondays after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment