Sunday, May 30, 2021

Growth Mindset

After an afternoon spent battling mugwort, just the latest skirmish in an 11 season war, I came home, scrubbed the dirt from beneath my nails and turned to the internet. There I found a source for mugwort seeds (!) (noooooooooooooo!), but also several articles on the medicinal and culinary benefits of the very weed that has been the bane of my garden from the moment I began to clear it for planting. 

I want to appreciate this plant, I do, and I am impressed that it can be used to treat congestion, stress, headaches, poison ivy, and even breech births, not to mention stir-fried, added to soups and salads, mochi and rice cakes, used to season goose and even to bitter beer instead of hops. I want to flip my perspective and see mugwort as a crop instead of an invader, or at least a volunteer, but...

I’m just not there 

Yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment