Monday, May 17, 2021

Maybe Monopoly?

For some unknown reason, the testing schedule this year has teachers proctoring exams in classrooms other than our own, even when our rooms are empty. As such, I have spent the past 2 Monday mornings in a science classroom down the hall from my own. 

Since we are not really supposed to be doing anything other than roaming the classroom watching the test-takers take their test (proctor is a verb, after all!), I have become rather familiar with the contents of my colleague's room in thew hours I have spent there. She teaches life science, and in the cross-curricular spirit of our school, her bookshelves are full of novels and trade books that are related to that discipline. Michael Crichton is especially well-represented, and there are copies of that non-fiction classic The Hot Zone as well. 

But it was the stack of board games tucked in the corner that caught my eye. She has about 10 copies of a cooperative board game called Pandemic. The premise? Players are skilled members of a disease fighting team, and it is your job to keep the world safe from, well, a pandemic. Along the way there are politicians and panic and people who do not follow the guidelines. 

Now, I love a good game, and I don't know about you, but that does not sound fun to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment